You have many options to choose from when you pursue a career in hospitality management. There are certificate and diploma programs that are readily available to you. Earning a diploma is proof that you have completed a full college-level course. A certificate is proof that you have completed a short program, usually on a very specific subject. Obviously, diploma courses have a longer duration that certificate courses.
So when faced with this dilemma which one should you take? Here is just a sneak peak at the diploma and certificate hospitality programs that are just waiting for you.
Certificate and Degree Programs
Here are just a few of the certificate programs available in some schools.
1) Hospitality Marketing – Covers work on the marketing initiative from its conception to its execution. You gather data and information and develop campaigns for your clients.
2) Restaurant Revenue Management – You can build up revenue in your restaurant by implementing strategies for occupancy, pricing, and the duration of the meal.
3) Food Service and Management – You can build your hospitality management skills through this certificate. This course includes any of the following fields: revenue management, food service, marketing, finance, and service excellence.
4) Strategic Leadership for the Hospitality Professional – You can build strategies and develop leadership skills which can win over customers and delight investors.
5) Hotel Revenue Management – Through this hospitality program you can now develop management strategies and techniques so that you can get hands-on with the operations of your hotel, restaurant, or inn.
6) Hotel Real Estate Investments and Asset Management – Real estate and development are just some of the lessons you can learn here. You can go on to become a property owner, lender or operators.
7) Leading Customer-Focused Teams – This focuses on building up an energetic, high-performance team. You will learn how to make your team productive in spite of the pressure and stress at work.
8) Master Certificate in Hospitality Management – You can get complete details and overview of the industry of hospitality management. This hospitality program can give you tips and ideas how to succeed in the executive office environments of a high-performing hotel.
9) Master Certificate in Food Service Management – This advanced certificate course will familiarize you with the challenges and solutions in the industry of food service management. You will also be qualified to oversee operations, develop revenue strategies, and become a leader in the food service industry.
Here are just some of the few hospitality degree programs available in the market.
1) Introduction to Hospitality Management – This course talks about what hospitality management is all about, the ins and outs of the industry, and what to expect after graduation.
2) Food Service Operations Management – How to operate a food service is to be discussed here as well as how to manage the operations and the business with a strong hand.
3) Conference and Meeting Management – How to handle staff and their problems are mostly addressed in this course, as well making the office suitably friendly for the employees.
Just choose from any of these hospitality programs and you’ll do just fine.